The New South Wales Government has unveiled a $12 million 'Going Global Package', with grants of up to $10,000 available to eligible businesses that want to boost their export capabilities.
The package is available to SMEs across NSW who will benefit from the state government's push to showcase local products and develop global export sales.
"Helping home-grown businesses succeed in the global marketplace is more important than ever before and here in NSW we have some of the best produce in the world," says NSW Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional NSW, Industry and Trade John Barilaro.
"Our Export Assistance Grants, together with intensive, direct assistance through the Going Global program will complement existing support and advice services to forge new business connections and sales offshore."
The $12 million 'Going Global Package' includes:
- A $1.8 million Going Global program which will provide export coaching, networking and in-market assistance for export-ready firms. The initiative includes 15 tailored programs covering nine markets and ten sectors;
- a $10 million Export Assistance Grant scheme reimbursing 50 per cent of eligible expenses up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible business;
- connections to international consumers via the Buy Regional Goes Global initiative;
- online webinars to help businesses upskill;
- ongoing support through the NSW Government's network of trade advisors in regional locations and Sydney, and its international trade and investment offices around the world
- access to information on the Global NSW website;
- other support, tools and resources available online.
According to NSW Treasurer Dominic Perrottet, assisting businesses in the NSW with international exports will be a vital component of the state's post-COVID recovery plan, with exports making up 16 per cent of the state economy prior to the global pandemic.
"We know our exporters have faced big hurdles in recent months, especially in regional areas also affected by bushfires and drought," says Perrottet.
"I urge small and medium-sized firms in regional areas and across NSW to apply."
Applications for the Going Global Package can be submitted now.
Updated at 11:19am AEST on 18 August 2020.
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support