Julie Nutting, Group Projects Manager at Azzura International Constructions, was presented the 2014 State Women in Building award for her work overseeing 500 contractors on various projects and her enthusiasm and drive for the building industry.
Master Builders’ Executive Director, Grant Galvin, congratulated the winners across all 63 categories.
“The State Housing & Construction Awards carry a proud history of showcasing the absolute best in the industry, and the level of competition amongst this year’s entrants is unsurpassed,” Mr Galvin said.
“Over the last couple of months our Awards program has travelled through nine regions across the state, each recognising the wide-spread talent and expertise of our industry.
“Each winner was then given the opportunity to represent their region at the prestigious State Housing & Construction Awards, which after 27 years continue to be sought after by the state’s top builders and tradespeople.
“We are incredibly proud of every winner and wish them the best of luck as a selection of winners is put forward to compete against the best from each state in their respective categories at the National Excellence in Building & Construction Awards.”
Lend Lease Building received the coveted 2014 State Project of the Year award for the state-of-the-art Gold Coast University Hospital at Southport.
This project also received the award for Health & Education Facilities over $250 million.
Julie Nutting, group projects manager for Azzura International Constructions, was named the 2014 State Women in Building award winner.
Nutting started out as a site clerk before becoming contract administrator, and now she oversees up to 500 contractors on various projects.
She also is undertaking studies to get her builders licence.
Special mention went to H2 Constructions QLD’s home, The Bach, which was awarded both the 2014 State President's Award and Individual Home $376,000 – $475,000.
The President’s Award is highly-regarded and is awarded to a home to which the average Queenslander can aspire.
In all, 16 Gold Coast winners were named in the state awards.
“With a quarter of the state-wide winners from the Gold Coast, it really reinforces just how exceptional our standards are right across the region,” says Master Builders’ Gold Coast regional manager John Duncalfe.
“The Master Builders State Housing & Construction Awards carry a sterling reputation as the most prestigious industry event in Queensland, and the achievements of our Gold Coast builders truly demonstrates their impeccable talent and expertise.
“We are incredibly proud of all the winners and wish them the best of luck as a selection of winners is put forward to compete against the best from each state in their respective categories at the National Excellence in Building & Construction Awards.”
The Gold Coast winners are:
- Health & Education Facilities $5 million -$20 million – ADCO Constructions Pty Ltd for Bond University Abedian School of Architecture;
- Health & Education Facilities over $250 million – Lend Lease Building Pty Ltd for Gold Coast University Hospital;
- Sporting & Community Service Facilities $5 million - $20 million – Evans Harch Pty Ltd T/A Badge Constructions Projects for Coomera Community Hub;
- Retail Facilities over $5 million – J Hutchinson Pty Ltd T/A Hutchinson Builders for Capri on Via Roma;
- Tourism & Hospitality Facilities up to $5 million – Astute Projects Pty Ltd for the Polar Bear Junior Enclosure at Sea World;
- Refurbishment/Renovation over $5 million – Alder Constructions Pty Ltd for Gold Coast Turf Club;
- Individual Home $276,000 – $375,000 – Cummins Construction Pty Ltd T/A GJ Gardner Homes Gold Coast North for Broadbeach 311 Custom;
- Individual Home $376,000 – $475,000 – H2 Homes Pty Ltd T/A H2 Constructions QLD for The Bach;
- Individual Home $626,000 – $775,000 – Mark Underwood;
- Individual Home $776,000 – $1 million – Nicolaas Bruin for Springbrook House;
- Housing for Sloping Sites – Eco Projects and Developments Pty Ltd for Tugun Beach House;
- Medium-Rise Multi-Residential Housing (units/three-storey) – Condev Construction Pty Ltd for Edgewater Stage 1 Townhouses;
- Excellence in Sustainable Living – Nicolaas Bruin for Springbrook House;
- 2014 State Women in Building Award – Julie Nutting;
- 2014 State President's Award – H2 Homes Pty Ltd T/A H2 Constructions QLD for The Bach;
2014 State Project of the Year – Lend Lease Building Pty Ltd for Gold Coast University Hospital.
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support