Creso Pharma to be acquired for $122 million by Canadian company

Creso Pharma to be acquired for $122 million by Canadian company

Australian medicinal cannabis company Creso Pharma (ASX: CPH) has announced that it has entered an agreement to be acquired by a PharmaCielo for $122 million.

PharmaCielo is a cannabis group listed on Canada's TSX Venture Exchange, with a market capitalisation of $675 million.

The Canadian company is the parent of the largest cannabis producer in Colombia PharmaCielo Colombia Holdings.

The deal will be conducted through a scheme of arrangement between Creso and its shareholders and a separate concurrent scheme of arrangement between Creso and the holders of its listed options.

As part of the deal Creso Pharma shareholders will receive 0.0775 PharmaCielo shares for every Creso Pharma share held representing a value of $0.63 per share. For comparison, shares in Creso closed at $0.42 per share on Thursday.

If the takeover is approved, Creso securityholders will hold around 13 per cent of the issued shares in PharmaCielo, with PharmaCielo shareholders holding the remaining 87 per cent.

The board of Creso Pharma has unanimously recommended this deal with PharmaCielo, but Creso Pharma shareholders need not take any action at this point in time.

If the deal is to go ahead Creso Pharma's co-founder and CEO Dr Miri Halperin Wernli will join the board of PharmaCielo as a director.

"This arrangement with PharmaCielo is an incredible opportunity for Creso Pharma securityholders to benefit from being part of a best in class and well-capitalised global medicinal cannabis company," says Dr Wernli.

"The combined companies will offer a unique combination of assets and professional skills across the cannabis value chain that will lay the foundations for significant international expansion of cannabis products of the highest quality for the benefits of patients and consumers."

"The quality and scale of PharmaCielo's cultivation and oil extraction operations in Colombia complements our focus on meeting global demand for the highest quality cannabis-derived therapeutic, nutraceutical and animal health products through increased access to the necessary quality and volume of oil production."

Read More: Canada's marijuana legalisation a boon for Aussie companies

Never miss a news update, subscribe here. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.

Business News Australia

Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support

The cost of not communicating: How Whispir’s tailored messaging tech lifts engagement
Partner Content
While it is common for businesses to haggle with suppliers over small price differences...
Advertisement

Related Stories

Australian Glow: the sustainable self-tanning company on the cusp of rapid global growth

Australian Glow: the sustainable self-tanning company on the cusp of rapid global growth

When Liz Agresta attended one of the world’s largest beauty t...

Carsales.com announces $1.2 billion raise to fully acquire Trader Interactive

Carsales.com announces $1.2 billion raise to fully acquire Trader Interactive

Vehicle classifieds company Carsales.com (ASX: CAR) has announ...

Audit uncovers multiple failures in Federal Government’s $484m Entrepreneurs’ Programme

Audit uncovers multiple failures in Federal Government’s $484m Entrepreneurs’ Programme

A review of the Australian Government’s $484.2 million Entrep...

JOLT, Endeavour Energy to install 1,000 free EV charging stations across Western Sydney

JOLT, Endeavour Energy to install 1,000 free EV charging stations across Western Sydney

More than a year after striking a deal with power provider Ausgrid ...