THE College of Law has announced its first Advisory Board for the new Centre for Legal Innovation (CLI).
The 12-member Board includes innovators and "legalpreneurs" from a variety of different backgrounds, countries, and legal experiences.
The College of Law established the CLI in 2016 to innovate and support the legal profession, especially during the disruptive period of transformation the industry is currently undergoing.
The Board has representatives from a variety of law firms, in-house legal departments, legal consultancies, and legal start-ups, from Australia, USA, and New Zealand.
Terri Mottershead (pictured), Director of the CLI, says having a diverse Advisory Board was the key to ensuring the CLI is truly innovative and connected to the legal profession.
"Our Advisory Board reflects the changing profile of the workforce in the legal industry today," says Mottershead.
"Multi-disciplinary, multi-generational, multi-cultural, and multi-talented."
Mottershead believes that every member of the CLI Advisory Board will deliver something truly unique to the think-tank.
"Each Advisory Board member is an industry leader who understands how the legal market place is changing. Innovation is part of their daily lives. It is what drives and ensures their organisations remain competitive."
The group has already begun breaking barriers and exploring the extent to which innovation and the legal practice mesh.
"The CLI is the first organisation in the Asia-Pacific dedicated to the study of the practical impact of innovation, as wellas the dissemination of ideas on innovation, disruption and technology in the legal profession."
The Advisory Board includes:
- Jodie Baker (CLI Co-Chair), founder of Xakia Technologies
- Catorina Macleod (CLI Co-Chair), director of Cullen Macleod Lawyers
- Joel Barolsky, Barlosky Advisors Pty Ltd
- Neville Carter, Group CEO at College of Law
- Sharon Eacott, General Counsel & Company Secretary at Alinta Energy
- Milan Gandhi, Founder of The Legal Forecast
- Terri Mottershead, Director of CLI
- Mitch Owens, CTO at Gilbert & Tobin
- Sumith Perera, CTO at Hall & Wilcox
- Suzie Thoraval, Head of Risk at the Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Gene Turner (NZ), Managing Director of Law Hawk Ltd
- Caren Ulrich Stacy (USA), Founder of Diversity Lab/OnRamp Fellowship
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support