Melbourne's brightest young businesspeople will gather on the banks of the Yarra River tonight for the Melbourne Young Entrepreneur Awards 2019.
The city has become a hub of innovation over the last decade, neatly complementing its rich corporate history.
Startup success stories like Afterpay, Airwallex, Webjet, and Seek were all born in the Victorian capital, shooting their shot to dethrone and disrupt the city's top companies like, ANZ, NAB and Coles.
The Victorian business leaders of tomorrow will gather at Cargo Hall for a gala dinner and Awards ceremony, where the finalists will compete to see who will be named the city's Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
Whoever takes out the top gong will be following in the footsteps of last year's winner Travis Erridge, founder of supply chain giant TM Insight.
The 43 finalists will also compete for the coveted Trailblazer Award, which is given to an entrepreneur that has built a business demonstrating serious potential for future growth, plus 16 category awards ranging from technology startups to marketing gurus, fashion designers to finance wizards.
Young Entrepreneur Awards founder Camilla Jansen says the 2019 Melbourne Young Entrepreneur Awards is an amazing opportunity for these young entrepreneurs to mingle, network, and perhaps develop partnerships that will see their businesses continue to flourish.
"Scaling up a business is no easy task. It requires the right decisions at critical moments, as well as substantial planning, dedication and passion," says Jansen.
"Having a helpful cohort of like-minded people can play a big part in setting a business on its potential growth path."
"I'm so excited that tonight we will share our evening with a fantastic cross-section of business leaders who are making an impact on the economy locally, nationally and in many cases overseas."
The finalists in the Melbourne Young Entrepreneur Awards 2019 are as follows:
- Tamara Alaveras & Sonia Majkic - 3 Phase Marketing
- Abrar Patel - A.P. Web Solutions
- Joshua Fegan - Althea Group Holdings
- Jamie Shostak & Michael MacRae - Appetiser (Appetiser App Development)
- Christie Kamphuis & Sam Stone - Bettercup
- Bianca & Bridgett Roccisano - Bianca & Bridgett and Booby Tape
- Lee Hardham & Rajesh Yeluri - Brauz
- Jane Morrell - Carer Solutions Australia
- Ebony Centazzo - Cat Napping Suburban Retreat
- Genevieve Day - Day Management
- Dr May Chan & Dr Reuben Sim - Dental Boutique
- Louise Elia - ELIYA THE LABEL
- Ali Terai - Future Golf
- Jane Garber-Rosenzweig - Gable Lawyers
- Tammy Butow, Lisy Kane, Sarah Moran - Girl Geek Academy
- Rory Boyle - Hampers with Bite & Promotions Warehouse
- Pete Saunders - Health Delivered
- Robert Tadros - Impressive
- Marcus Doyle - Resolve Mining Solutions
- Aaron Smith - KX Pilates
- Hannah Spilva & Verity Tuck - LVLY
- Ethan Donati - My Million Dollar Funnels
- Fung Lam & Werner Liu - New Aim
- Ana Gavia - PINKCOLADA
- Thabojan Rasiah - Rasiah Private Wealth Management
- Jamie Totino - Real Food Vending & Jamie Totino Group
- Lisa Parnis - Red Hero Group
- Chris Christofi - Reventon & CHC Planning Solutions
- Olivia Carr - Shhh Silk
- Simon and Yetta Rawadi - Slyletica
- Josh Klein - Social Status, Search Status, and Promotr
- William Strange - Sports Performance Tracking
- Harry Sanders - StudioHawk
- Mimosa Schmidt - SÜK Workwear & Ethical Textile Manufacturing
- Summer Howarth - The Eventful Learning Co.
- Shaz Maharaullee - The Furniture People
- Eugene Cheng & Hao Phu - The Sneaker Laundry & Kokaine
- Tom Uhlhorn - Tiny CX
- Julie Hirsch - Universal Village International, Universal Village Trading, Universal Village UK
- Jackson Meyer - Verus Global
- John Persico and Johann Odou - Vumero, Sports Analytics World Series, Perogon.com, SportsTechFeed.com, FMInstitute.com
- Tony Diep - Xifa Bayati
Business News Australia
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support