A number of public health alerts in Sunbury, north of Melbourne, have been issued overnight after a Victorian hotel quarantine worker tested positive for COVID-19.
The worker from the Holiday Inn at Melbourne Airport was one of two new COVID-19 cases uncovered in Victoria yesterday, with the other being a resident of the same facility who tested positive after completing the 14-day quarantine period.
While the resident poses no threat to the public as they did not leave their home post-release from quarantine, the Holiday Inn worker visited a number of places over the weekend.
As such, a list of exposure sites has been published by the Victorian Department of Health, and anyone who has been at any of these sites must immediately isolate, get tested, and remain isolated for 14 days.
Friday, 5 February 2021:
- PJ's Pet Warehouse, Sunbury 3.37pm-4.10pm
- Bakers Delight Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, Sunbury 3.40pm-4.15pm
- Aldente Deli Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, Sunbury 3.45pm-4.23pm
- Sushi Sushi Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, Sunbury 3.53pm-4.28pm
- Asian Star Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, Sunbury 3.57pm-4.30pm
Saturday, 6 February 2021:
- Sunny Life Massage Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, Sunbury 4.30pm-6.30pm
- Cellarbrations, Sunbury 6.17pm-7.02pm
Sunday, 7 February 2021:
- Cellarbrations, Sunbury 5.44pm-6.19pm
Updated at 9.24am AEDT on 10 February 2021.
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support