NSW Health has issued a public health warning for the Four in Hand Pub in Paddington after a confirmed case of COVID-19 attended the venue.
Guests who attended the pub downstairs between 6.30-10pm on 26 August for more than two hours are considered close contacts and must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days since they were there.
The warning comes as NSW confirms 17 new cases of COVID-19 today, including one in hotel quarantine and one locally acquired infection with no known source.
The other 15 are linked to a known case or cluster, including eight linked to the August CBD cluster, six to St Paul's Greystanes school, and one linked to Liverpool Hospital.
One previously reported case, who worked at Cubbyhouse Childcare out-of-school-hours centre at Homebush Public School, has been excluded following further investigation. People previously identified as close contacts are no longer required to isolate for 14 days.
Two more students at St Paul's Greystanes and four contacts have tested positive, bringing the total cases associated with the school to 10.
The school has been cleaned and remains closed for onsite learning today but the source of the original infection is still under investigation.
NSW Health is treating 75 COVID-19 cases, including five in intensive care and three who are ventilated. 87 per cent of cases being treated by NSW Health are in non-acute, out-of-hospital care.
In addition to the public health warning issued for the Four in Hand Pub, NSW Health has asked anyone who attended the following venues or public transport to monitor for symptoms:
- Four in Hand Pub, 105 Sutherland Street Paddington guests who dined upstairs only or for less than two hours on 26 August from 6:30-10pm.
- Metro Fuel Greystanes on 27 August, 3.15-3.35pm
- Big Bun, 260 Pitt Street Merrylands, 27 August 3.30-4pm
- Carslaw Building, University of Sydney Camperdown toilets, 28 August 8-8.20pm
- Stockland Merrylands on 29 August between 9-11am
- Bus 810 28 August departed St Paul's Catholic College Greystanes 3.04pm, arrived 3.28pm Macquarie Rd opposite Boothtown Reserve Greystanes
Updated at 1:19pm AEST on 2 September 2020.
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support