Some of the world's biggest console games are joining Esports Moguls' (ASX: ESH) growing catalogue of titles.
Fortnite, with over 200 million players worldwide, will be available on Esports Moguls' Mogul.gg platform a fully automated tournament and matchmaking platform.
These console games will be part of one of the biggest tournament series ever hosted in the APAC region; Silver Slam.
The tournament has a $275,000 prize pool and is bound to attract even more players with the addition of some of the world's biggest video games.
The console games which can now be hosted on Mogul.gg are:
- Fortnite (200+ million players worldwide)
- Overwatch (40+ million players worldwide)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (US$500 million sales worldwide in the launch weekend alone)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (the fastest-selling game in the series)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 19 (100m+ sales worldwide)
- NBA 2K19 (best-selling sports game of 2018)
- TEKKEN 7 (47m+ sales worldwide across the Tekken series)
Some of these games can be played multi-platform (i.e. console and PC) which Mogul.gg is able to support.
Esports Mogul says that offering these games will "aggressively" drive user acquisition.
"As console games have not previously been integrated on Mogul.gg, a new demographic of gamers will be able to be contacted and acquired," says Esports Mogul in an ASX release.
Shares in Esports Mogul are up 14.3 per cent to $0.02 per share at 12.39pm AEDT.
Business News Australia
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support