Update: Since publication NSW Health has reported 11 new cases of COVID-19
A sushi restaurant and a bar in Newcastle have been added to a list of venues attended by two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the city.
Hunter New England Health (HNEH) has urged anyone who attended Bar 88 on Sunday 2 August from 5pm to 7.15pm and Sushi Revolution on Saturday 1 August from midday to 12.45pm to self-isolate and get tested.
The public health alerts follow the confirmation that a male teenager transmitted COVID-19 to a man in his 20s sparking fears of community transmission in Newcastle.
HNEH is now urging anyone who attended the following venues at the specified times to self-isolate immediately and seek testing:
- Bennett Hotel, Hamilton Friday 31 July, from 5.30pm to 10.00pm
- Bar 88, Wests New Lambton Sunday 2 August, from 5.00pm to 7.15pm
- Sydney Junction Hotel, Hamilton Saturday 1 August, from 11pm midnight to 1.15am Sunday 2 August
- Greenroof Bar and Restaurant, Hamilton Friday 31 July, from 10.30pm to 12.15 midnight
- Sushi Revolution, Hamilton on Saturday 1 August, from 12noon to 12.45pm
- Queens Wharf Hotel Saturday 1 August from 9.30pm to 11.00pm
- McDonald Jones Stadium Sunday 2 August, 7:30pm to end of game, Newcastle Jets match
HNEH is still working to identify any further close contacts and venues visited by the pair of confirmed cases. Further updates will be provided as more information becomes available.
The health authority will notify any close contacts who will then be required to isolate for two weeks.
NSW Health announced 11 new cases of COVID-19 today, bringing the state's cumulative total to 3,653.
Of the new cases, one is still under investigation, and one was acquired in Victoria and is in self-isolation.
The other nine were locally acquired, with one linked to The Apollo restaurant cluster and eight close contacts of known cases.
Updated at 9:38am AEST on 7 August 2020.
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support