* FORTESCUE Metals (ASX: FMG) reported net profit after tax (NPAT) of $2.64 billion for the year to June 30, up from $1.24 billion from the previous year on the back of strong iron ore prices. Revenue for the year rose 19 percent to $10.65 billion.
* G8 Education (ASX: GEM) announced NPAT of 23 percent to $30.5 million for the previous year, while underlying revenue was up three per cent at $368 million.
* NIB (ASX: NHF) reported NPAT for the year to June 30 rose 29 per cent to $119.6 million, helped by an increase in policyholder numbers and lower-than expected claims expense. Revenue for the financial year went up 8 per cent to $2.04 billion.
* Bluescope Steel (ASX: BSL) announced full year NPAT of $715.9 million for the financial year, more than double last year, but shares took a hammering after it offered a cloudy outlook for FY18.
* Brambles (ASX: BXB) full year NPAT has significantly dropped by 69 per cent to $230.6 million for the 12 months to June 30, down from $741.7 million in the previous corresponding period. Despite the drop, sales revenue rose up four percent to $6.43 billion.
Business News Australia
Help us deliver quality journalism to you.
As a free and independent news site providing daily updates
during a period of unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere
we call on your support